Join us on The Three Rs Trek!
Following hard on the heels of our successful Dartmoor Traverse last May Dartmoor Magazine in conjunction with Spirit of Adventure is running a three-day east–west trans-Dartmoor trek from Friday 23 to Monday 26 May. ‘The Rivers and Reservoirs’ route starts from Trenchford Reservoir between the Teign and Wray valleys and ends on the River Tavy near Buckland Monachorum, taking in the main rivers and reservoirs of the South Moor.
Accommodation for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights will be available at Spirit’s bunkhouse at Powdermills.
- Good ‘worn in’ walking boots and socks
- Gaiters (advisable)
- Waterproofs – top and bottom (tried and tested)
- Water bottle – plus purifying tablets for refills
- Light day rucksack
- Warm hat/gloves
- Nibbles and energy food (cheese, fruit, nuts etc)
- Small first aid kit including foot repair kit and sun protection cream
- Spare socks
- Small camera/phone camera for the record
- Lunch box (empty!)
This trek is a challenge with some fairly rough/boggy terrain. Get yourself fit enough to enjoy the trip; you will be covering 12–14 miles a day, mostly cross-country. A good level of walking fitness is essential.
A good way to gauge if you are fit enough is to jot down your last couple of years’ walking trips.
- How many were off the main tracks?
- How many included a fair number of ups and downs?
- Were they a real challenge, or did you feel pretty good afterwards?
Be honest with your answers! Identify your needs – more miles – more uphills – more rough terrain – more boggy traverses – then write down a realistic training plan. It’s a great trek and should be well within the capabilities of anyone who regularly walks a reasonable distance – you may just need some extra days out with a few extra miles to get yourself in good shape. NB No dogs.
Please contact us if you would like more information on this holiday.
3 R's Trek
A 3-day trek running from east to west across Dartmoor taking in teh main rivers and reservoirs of the south moor.
How to Book
1. In the table below click the round button next to the reference number corresponding to the date you would like to book.