Dartmoor view and River Dart kayaking
Lounge and wood stove
Powdermills Bunkhouse is a huge success – it has been virtually full since it was opened in February 1998. It is ideal for groups who wish to walk on Dartmoor or for kayaking groups wishing to tackle the white water rivers over the winter.
Many of Spirit of Adventure’s course participants elect to stay in the bunkhouse. All you need to bring is towels, your sleeping bag (or duvet and sheets) plus a pillow.
There are beautiful views across the North and South Moors and there is an excellent choice of local inns and restaurants within 5 miles. Powdermills Bunkhouse is an ideal venue for individuals or groups.
Powdermills Bunkhouse is comfortable and warm with excellent facilities. It is a converted granite barn situated in the heart of the Dartmoor National Park.
- Warm and cosy – carpeted throughout with storage heaters in every room.
- Comfortable lounge with wood burning stove, tables, chairs and sofas.
- Firewood provided.
- Very efficient drying room with dehumidifier.
- Fully equipped kitchen with 6 burner stove and efficient oven, fridge, freezer, toasters, etc. All crockery, pans and tea towels provided.
- Hot and cold running water provided.
- Excellent showers and washing facilities. Showers work on 20p meter. Toilet paper provided.
- 26 bunk spaces in 4 rooms – two 4 berth, one 8 berth and one 10 berth. Mattress cover/under sheet provided.
- Telephone – incoming calls only – 01822 880369.
This is a no smoking bunkhouse but smokers are welcome to use the area just outside. Outside ashbins provided for butts.
“Great Facilities – still the best bunkhouse around” – Greig
Cost – 2014
£15 per person per night.
£12 for under 18’s and students.
Exclusive use £250 per night with a deposit of £100.
To book please phone 01822 880277 or email email@example.com.